We are looking for people willing to take our rescued dogs into their homes, love and work with them, and bring them to our weekly adoption events to find permanent loving homes.
* Volunteer training
* Food and Supplies (Kennels, treats, leashes and collars)
* Cost of vet care for foster pets
* A caring network of volunteers
* A clean loving home
* Feeding and caring for your foster pet
* Must be able to attend the full adoption event on Saturdays (11-3 plus setup/tear down) on 2-3 weekends per month to screen for the best home for your foster dog
* Screening of potential adoptive homes, per Last Hope guidelines
* Transporting to and from Vet when needed
*If you rent, you must provide written permission from your landlord allowing you to foster.
*You must have homeowners/renters insurance including medical insurance for all household members.
* You will be required to sign a " hold harmless agreement", holding Last Hope, and our affiliates harmless.
*All resident pets must be current with, Rabies DHPP, Bordetella and heartworm negative, and adult pets must be spayed or neutered.
* You may foster up to 1-2 more dogs past the city limit or a complete litter up to 12 with a mom. Exemptions are made for country homes that do not have city limitations or those with kennel licenses.
*You must have your own transportation to and from the vet clinics and pet adoption days within the Metro Area ( including Inver Grove Heights, Burnsville, Lakeville, Apple Valley and Farmington.)
* All adults that live with you must agree to be part of and active fostering.
*All dogs/puppies brought to adoption day must have had a completed their required veterinary examination.
* Last Hope, after review of the Foster Application, has the right not to accept the application without stated reason.
For more information, please email [email protected] , call 651-463-8747, or stop by the Administrative Office to discuss the Foster process.